Job DescriptionJob Description Summary
This position is responsible for coordinating administrative functions for the Associate Vice President for Learning and for assisting with Dual Credit administrative processes.
San Juan College is committed to building a diverse faculty and staff, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek an individual invested in equity and inclusiveness, who has experience with, knowledge of, and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Schedules appointments and manages calendars; composes correspondence and responds to email.
• Maintains budget and financial records; processes purchase orders and requisitions.
• Provides logistical support for assessment software and processes.
• Provides logistical support for the program review process.
• Processes requests for enrollment reports from partner high schools.
• Makes travel arrangements.
• Gathers, organizes and assists with the preparation of data for reports related to accreditation, assessment, articulation, dual credit enrollment, contracts, and other projects.
• Manages and maintains files and records.
• Prepares agendas, records/transcribes minutes and takes attendance at meetings.
• Processes office payroll reports.
• Provides support for Office of Learning staff.
• Organizes and schedules events.
• Prepares and distributes marketing materials; updates webpages.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
• Supervises the work of assigned student workers.
• Serves on assigned college committees.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of college and center policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in providing assistance to students.
The Associate Vice President assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to complete administrative functions for the Associate Vice President of Learning and assist the Dual Credit Coordinator as needed. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of Learning.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, and the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position supervises assigned student workers.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Experience working in higher education preferred.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with a minimum of two to three years’ experience.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values: