Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, Mail Services who will receive, sort, categorize and deliver mail packages. This position is also responsible for collecting, processing out-bound mail to the post office, tracking and cost-identifying procedures for mail in SAP.
- Receives USPS mail and packages.
- Sorts mail and packages by mail stop.
- Delivers mail and packages to appropriate College departments.
- Picks up mail from departments and other locations throughout the College's occupied facilities.
- Follows departmental procedures for tracking registered mail to delivery location.
- Processes outgoing mail, properly calculating and allocating charges in SAP.
- Uses College's vehicle to drop off mail at US post office at the end of the day.
- Facilitates retail / counter post office transactions.
- Communicates with customers to follow up on undeliverable mail.
- Addresses and solves routing customer service problems.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Texas Driver's License; clean driving record; three years of driving history in the United States.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds and be on your feet for several hours.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.