The Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Senior Coordinator of Business Operations who enjoys working as part of a team, is organized, responsible, and highly motivated. The department is home to a productive faculty and staff dedicated to conducting internationally recognized biomedical research and educating the next generation of scientists. The Senior Coordinator of Business Operations will be responsible for working with faculty, staff and trainees in an exciting and growing academic department. The successful candidate will report to the department administrator.
- Coordinates the day-to-day business processes for the department.
- Processes personnel related transactions in SuccessFactors. Coordinates with Human Resources as required.
- Interphases with Facilities Services to request and follow up maintenance issues.
- Processes travel expenses in Concur.
- Assists faculty with travel arrangements.
- Processes general reimbursements in Concur.
- Schedules interviews and meeting on behalf of supervisor and supported faculty.
- Assists with faculty reappointments and renewals.
- Assists with postdoc reappointments and renewals.
- Reviews expenditures from fund sources to verify accuracy, need, and compliance.
- Assists with onboarding faculty and staff.
- Coordinates department meetings, events, retreats, seminars and other functions.
- Provides additional support to faculty as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in a job relevant Baylor Community of Practice.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with SAP.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.