Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site management for all Student Center Programs events which includes; problem resolution, supervision of staff and volunteers, vendor communication, and all other event related aspects.
- Recruit, train, and supervise three graduate assistants, programming board of up to ten students, and a student event staff.
- Advise programming board students regarding program selection, development, planning, and execution.
- Develop and monitor a budget in excess on $350,000.
- Work alongside our Publicity & Design Coordinator to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for Student Center Programs.
- Initiate all contractual arrangements with performers, agents, and vendors utilized by Student Center Programs.
- Evaluate Student Center Programs event offerings by conduction event specific assessments to ensure learning outcomes are being met and to identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in the planning of Weeks of Welcome and Family Weekend. Serve as a member of the First Generation Student Event Planning Committee.
- Serve as a resource person to Student Affairs and other university departments in the development of comprehensive programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.