Salary and benefit packages for this position are competitive, with a starting salary of $44,000. Ball State offers generous vacation time and a fantastic tuition remission program for employees and their dependents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, prepare and organize data across the Office of Research for standard monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting; accurately curate and prepare data for key institutional required reporting appropriate for university units and for public dissemination, work with various areas throughout the university (for example, Controller, Academic Systems, Institutional Research and Decision Support) in fulfilling institutional and federal data requests. Examples of reports include external and internal activity as related to sponsored projects records, approved research protocols, and conflict of interest/conflict of commitment (COI/COC) disclosures, etc.
- Manage (eRA) systems and databases and serve as data management liaison and administrator between SPA and ORI. Support decision-making and software implementation as needed in the electronic management of the office systems and assist in updating systems as required.
- Facilitate information exchange between SPA, ORI, and external unit stakeholders (e.g., Office of Institutional Research and Decision Support (IRDS), Information Technology (IT), Office of General Counsel (OGC), Controller’s Office, Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs (VPAA) and academic colleges) for institutional data systems feeds between Cayuse and other systems, such as Watermark Faculty Success. Represent the Office of Research on various University technology committees.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity, accuracy, organization, and completeness of university sponsored projects data records, as well as other integral records for the Office of Research, in electronic research administration (eRA) systems.
- Create Cayuse proposal and award records and update statuses in appropriate systems, maintain Cayuse administrative structure and user profiles. Document and track reporting deadlines for funded sponsored projects.
- Maintain, update, and provide information for internal audit and for executing agreements, including on sponsored projects, research protocol policies, intellectual property policies, export control and foreign influence, and effort certification.
- Collaborate with the library, ORI, and SPA staff on developing, delivering and maintaining informational and training modules around NIH data management plans, SciEnCV, and the use of ORCID IDs. Work with system vendors to implement eRA system modifications and enhancements.
- Develop and deliver training on office systems of record (e.g., Cayuse), as well as data management and security practices for Office of Research, SPA and ORI.
- Manage institutional logins for external sponsor portals, coordinating with BSU’s Office of Information Technology.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Create, develop and maintain policies and procedures regarding data sharing, data integrity and records retention. Develop, maintain and deliver training for data sharing, data integrity and records retention.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.