Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise graduate and undergraduate teaching assistants. Assign teaching assistants to lab sections, provide instruction to prepare teaching assistants to teach labs, provide feedback on performance.
- Provide support for faculty and supervise laboratory teaching assistants by setting up weekly lab equipment and maintaining the stock room and demonstration equipment.
- Assist with course scheduling to ensure labs are used efficiently.
- Instruct labs as needed.
- Work with faculty to develop labs, courses and curriculum as appropriate.
- Order equipment and supplies for the labs as needed, also send to excess equipment no longer functioning or being used (via SciQuest). Conduct audits and prepare reports such as inventory, fixed asset, etc. as requested.
- Supervise laboratory and stockroom to ensure that safety standards are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.